Harrison Butker makes a great speech.....

7,108 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by quash
muddybrazos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and Libs heads explode

He talks about the importance of fathers & the nuclear family and the NFL who protects criminals comes out to denounce him. Typical reaction from the left and the degenerates that are running society these days.
Doc Holliday
Bud light their stupid asses
muddybrazos

HOES MAD
muddybrazos
Libs heads exploding everywhere when they hear truth.

Forest Bueller_bf
muddybrazos said:

HOES MAD
Good grief he didn't tell all women to be housewives, he said that "homemaker" is one of the most important vocations there is.

Why does such a large section of our society want to be so hell bent on there not being the standard of a nuclear family. Of course not all familes can be a nuclear family, divorce, death, desertion and other reasons cause breakdowns. However, it is the idea, and it is the norm. Children by and large thrive when there is a functioning mother and father in the household. Of course children can thrive and do thrive in other situations, but it is more difficult.

Quote:

Yes, a working mom can also be a homemaker. A homemaker is a person who manages a home, and the term can include women who work outside the home as well as those who don't. A housewife is a married woman who mainly cares for her family, manages household affairs, and does housework.

KaiBear
Every single time I read or hear an individual use a F bomb in their FRST sentence ………..I immediately realize they are dumb as grass and their thought processes are severely stunted.
muddybrazos

Libs want him fired for telling the truth. I feel like the tide is turning and I bet you will see a lot less "pride" nights this year. I already saw where the soccer team here in Charleston is not having a pride night bc they lost money last year.
Fre3dombear
Amazing to watch democrats destroy the lives of so many future childless women unhappily trudging to work every day cuz we don't needs a man

Can't save some people From themselves.

An evil Ideology that Jesus would never approve of
Fre3dombear
muddybrazos said:

Libs want him fired for telling the truth. I feel like the tide is turning and I bet you will see a lot less "pride" nights this year. I already saw where the soccer team here in Charleston is not having a pride night bc they lost money last year.

Power of the purse. Play the slow game. Squeeze em. Resist.

They are mathematically suiciding themselves anyway. A dying species
Fre3dombear
muddybrazos said:

and Libs heads explode

He talks about the importance of fathers & the nuclear family and the NFL who protects criminals comes out to denounce him. Typical reaction from the left and the degenerates that are running society these days.

Always surprised when I find people Tuning into a lot of NFL games that don't vote Democrat

I get maybe watching your team at most but beyond that one is funding the attempted destruction of your mown family
Mitch Blood Green
Isn't the real issue "why is a kicker speaking at your college graduation?"
GrowlTowel
Mitch Blood Green said:

No, but it is cute that you think so.
Mitch Blood Green
GrowlTowel said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

No, but it is cute that you think so.

Then I hope at your next graduation, Jan Stenerud speaks.
muddybrazos
I guess the silver lining in all of this is that Christians will inherit the future bc they will get married and start families. The libs will choose feminism, lgbt and gender bending, abortiion, tinder dating until 40, cats/box wine over children so they will sadly not inherit the future. It is sad that so many will fall for the lies that you are happy living a Peter Pan extended childhood or having a career over anything else and not starting a family.
Mitch Blood Green
muddybrazos said:

I guess the silver lining in all of this is that Christians will inherit the future bc they will get married and start families. The libs will choose feminism, lgbt and gender bending, abortiion, tinder dating until 40, cats/box wine over children so they will sadly not inherit the future. It is sad that so many will fall for the lies that you are happy living a Peter Pan extended childhood or having a career over anything else and not starting a family.

?v=1669572224

Osodecentx
From NR:

The first thing to say about this is that Butker is a traditionalist Catholic giving a speech to traditionalist Catholic students graduating from a traditionalist Catholic school. Should we be surprised he sounded like a traditionalist Catholic?
Jack Bauer
I read his speech and it sounded like a sermon but this is a Catholic at a Catholic school.

Imagine going to BYU and being shocked and outraged at all the Mormon values being spewed!

Here is the "misogynistic" part.

Quote:

For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I'm on the stage today and able to be the man I am because I have a wife who leans into her vocation. I'm beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all of my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker.

She is a primary educator to our children. She is the one who ensures I never let football or my business become a distraction from that of a husband and father. She is the person that knows me best at my core, and it is through our marriage that, Lord willing, we will both attain salvation.
I say all of this to you because I have seen it firsthand how much happier someone can be when they disregard the outside noise and move closer and closer to God's will in their life. Isabelle's dream of having a career might not have come true, but if you asked her today if she has any regrets on her decision, she would laugh out loud, without hesitation, and say, "Heck, No."
BearFan33
Jack Bauer said:

I read his speech and it sounded like a sermon but this is a Catholic at a Catholic school.

Imagine going to BYU and being shocked and outraged at all the Mormon values being spewed!

Quote:

For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I'm on the stage today and able to be the man I am because I have a wife who leans into her vocation. I'm beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all of my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker.

She is a primary educator to our children. She is the one who ensures I never let football or my business become a distraction from that of a husband and father. She is the person that knows me best at my core, and it is through our marriage that, Lord willing, we will both attain salvation.
I say all of this to you because I have seen it firsthand how much happier someone can be when they disregard the outside noise and move closer and closer to God's will in their life. Isabelle's dream of having a career might not have come true, but if you asked her today if she has any regrets on her decision, she would laugh out loud, without hesitation, and say, "Heck, No."

I get why the graduating ladies may be offended by this. They are probably looking forward to getting out and making some money and in a moment of celebration, this guy is indirectly telling them to get back into the kitchen. The timing of his message seems bad to me.

But I welcome the dialog. As a country the discussion is needed. I hope we head back towards the nuclear family.

IMO, there shouldn't be any repercussions on him for speaking his viewpoint. Unfortunately he has hurt the feelings of those on the left and we have seen what they are capable of when their feelings are hurt.
Jack Bauer
BearFan33 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

I get why the graduating ladies may be offended by this. They are probably looking forward to getting out and making some money and in a moment of celebration, this guy is indirectly telling them to get back into the kitchen. The timing of his message seems bad to me.

But I welcome the dialog. As a country the discussion is needed. I hope we head back towards the nuclear family.

IMO, there shouldn't be any repercussions on him for speaking his viewpoint. Unfortunately he has hurt the feelings of those on the left and we have seen what they are capable of when their feelings are hurt.

It's ok to disagree with this guy or even think he is an idiot. But some people want him to be FIRED from the Chiefs - that's just ridiculous!
Forest Bueller_bf
Fre3dombear said:

Amazing to watch democrats destroy the lives of so many future childless women unhappily trudging to work every day cuz we don't needs a man

Can't save some people From themselves.

An evil Ideology that Jesus would never approve of
You are seriously underestimating alone time with a household of cats.
Forest Bueller_bf
Osodecentx said:

From NR:

The first thing to say about this is that Butker is a traditionalist Catholic giving a speech to traditionalist Catholic students graduating from a traditionalist Catholic school. Should we be surprised he sounded like a traditionalist Catholic?
This.

What do they expect.

Going to the Southern Baptist Convention and a pride parade breaks out.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Blood Green said:

OJ died and Michael Vick and Ray Lewis were unavailable.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BusyTarpDuster2017
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

... and it is through our marriage that, Lord willing, we will both attain salvation.

Oof.

Never mind the other stuff, this is probably the worst of what he said - if it means what it appears to mean. If it doesn't, then perhaps a Catholic here can explain what he meant by this.
whitetrash
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

From NR:

This.

What do they expect.

If you went to the General Conference of what is left of the United Methodist Church a couple of weeks ago, one did break out.
Redbrickbear
Waco1947
"I do not attend the Traditional Latin Mass because I think I'm better than others, or for the smells and bells, or even for the love of Latin. I attend TLM because I believe just as the God of the Old Testament was pretty particular and how he wanted to be worshiped, the same holds true for us today"
Butler
How does he know the TLM is how God wants to be worshiped?.
Waco1947
muddybrazos
Waco1947 said:

"I do not attend the Traditional Latin Mass because I think I'm better than others, or for the smells and bells, or even for the love of Latin. I attend TLM because I believe just as the God of the Old Testament was pretty particular and how he wanted to be worshiped, the same holds true for us today"
Butler
Maybe St Peter knew a thing or two when he started the church.
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Butler

You believe in the salvation of butt sex and the purification of abortion.

Maybe sit this out.
Redbrickbear
Waco1947 said:

How do you know your way of worship is what God wants?

He is a traditionalist Catholic...that means in believes in the traditions of the Roman Church and he believes in what the Roman Church teaches about its rites.

[the Magisterium is the teaching authority of the Catholic Church, and it's expressed through the consensus of the bishops of the world in union with the Pope. The Magisterium is one of three sources of authority for the Church, along with Scripture and tradition.]

[The Church describes the Mass as the "source and summit of the Christian life", and teaches that the Mass is a sacrifice, in which the sacramental bread and wine, through consecration by an ordained priest, become the sacrificial body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ as the sacrifice on Calvary made truly present]

He obviously believes that the Latin Mass is the correct ancient form of the Mass...and since the Roman Catholic Church has never banned the Latin Mass....he likes it more
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Yep

At its core this whole controversy shows the intolerant nature of modern Liberalism.

"How dare someone, at someplace, that I don't go to, that's private, be talking about things in a way that I don't like"

I mean for some liberals its just shocking that Mormons, traditionalist Catholics, and Southern Baptists even dare to exist.

If they think those 3 groups are deplorable...wait until they find out about the Amish and the Hasidic Jews
LIB,MR BEARS
Mitch Blood Green said:

I understand what you're getting at but but one time Baylor's only silver lining was a punter.
LIB,MR BEARS
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

From NR:

This.

What do they expect.

Youth pastor day?
LIB,MR BEARS
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

... and it is through our marriage that, Lord willing, we will both attain salvation.

Oof.

Never mind the other stuff, this is probably the worst of what he said - if it means what it appears to mean. If it doesn't, then perhaps a Catholic here can explain what he meant by this.
I heard that as well, replayed it to make sure I heard correctly.

I married into a Catholic family and can assure you this is not part of the faith I've ever heard.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

Butler
I'm guessing he makes it up as he goes just as you do
Jack Bauer
Good grief..

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.