Baylor's Bill Peterson leaving to become the top assistant at Denver.

1,770 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by lockednloaded
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
IvanBear
This is a weirdly worded tweet from Goodman wasn't Peterson's departure mentioned weeks ago? He hasn't been at Baylor for a while.
LIB,MR BEARS
Everyone knew he was gone . Just not his landing spot
NumberCruncher
Someone please remind me why he left. Definitely a downward step
IvanBear
He didn't say. He was just thanked for his many years of service and left. Looked like a gentle we're going a new direction kind of move.
ImABearToo
He was on Matt Mosley's show a few days back and mentioned he has two daughters in Denver area and it had been years since his family was together due to his travel schedule. Could have impacted his decision.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
LIB,MR BEARS
ImABearToo said:

He was on Matt Mosley's show a few days back and mentioned he has two daughters in Denver area and it had been years since his family was together due to his travel schedule. Could have impacted his decision.
If you are going to take a step down, I can't think of a better reason to do so.

Good for him and the family!
LitigiOSO
IvanBear said:

He didn't say. He was just thanked for his many years of service and left. Looked like a gentle we're going a new direction kind of move.
That's what I understood as well.
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
lockednloaded
Heard last night that Melvin Hunt is joining the MBB staff at Baylor. I have not seen this confirmed in the news but I do have this from a reliable source.
IvanBear
lockednloaded said:

Heard last night that Melvin Hunt is joining the MBB staff at Baylor. I have not seen this confirmed in the news but I do have this from a reliable source.
Seems like an unreliable source, all three assistant coach positions were filled and he didn't appear on the list.
Calrocks94
It's happening they're just waiting to finish up some paperwork. They've even posted that they have one more higher to announce, but they're waiting on paperwork. It'll be a couple days.
lockednloaded
IvanBear said:

lockednloaded said:

Seems like an unreliable source, all three assistant coach positions were filled and he didn't appear on the list.
Hi Ivan. The source seems pretty reliable to me since he was hired on May 7th.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.