Football
Sponsored by

RG3 let go from MNF broadcast team

3,021 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by TenBears
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
drahthaar
Convenient.
BigGameBaylorBear
As an Eagles fan, happy to see Jason on air. As a Baylor fan, I'm upset, RG3 is one of the best personalities in sports
whitetrash
That was announced a couple of weeks ago
TenBears
Love RG. But I listen to the Kelce podcast and Jason is really really funny and knowledgeable. 100% a guy you'd want to have a beer with.
BellCountyBear
Cue the Al Sharpton-bots calling "racism"!
Jack Bauer
Show business is a rough place.

Steve Young, Suzy Kolber also let go from MNF a year ago.

But RG3 still has a top-tier college commentator gig.
boognish_bear
It happens....always thought Olsen was one of the better color analysts out there

EvilTroyAndAbed
This isn't about RG3. It's about Kelce. He's a white hot personality. So they'll keep RG3 on college football. His family will be happy to have him back on Monday nights.
BylrFan
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

This isn't about RG3. It's about Kelce. He's a white hot personality. So they'll keep RG3 on college football. His family will be happy to have him back on Monday nights.
RG is better suited for the college game anyways
jsstewar
RG3 would be a much better replacement for Chris Collingsworth who is the definition of oral diarrhea. Thank goodness for the mute button.
Jack Bauer
jsstewar said:

RG3 would be a much better replacement for Chris Collingsworth who is the definition of oral diarrhea. Thank goodness for the mute button.
BearlyBeloved
Sorry to see RG3 displaced, but I agree that his college gig is what suits him best and pays him well.

I'll wait to see re: what Kelce is like.

Disagree on Cris Collinsworth. Maybe CC is too amiable for those who like sharp edges, but his analysis provides a lot of solid insights. I like him.

Daveisabovereproach
Kelce is marrying Taylor Swift. That's a demographic that the NFL wants to tap into really, really, really badly. Wasn't hard to see coming with how much they already push Kelce and the Chiefs in general. They are on every commercial that has to do with the NFL basically the same way that the patriots were for years with Brady/Belichick. It is what it is
MrGolfguy
Different Kelce
Daveisabovereproach
I feel like he still gets some of that swift fame by proxy
Jack Bauer
There's hope for all of us! (this is a real article)

Harrison Bergeron
The real issue is that there are not enough blek players in sports. We need equity to ensure bleks get a chance to play sports.
Daveisabovereproach
Harrison Bergeron said:

The real issue is that there are not enough blek players in sports. We need equity to ensure bleks get a chance to play sports.

Nah. without blacks there wouldn't even be a game, lol. Again, it's largely the Taylor Swift connection. The NFL is desperately trying to attract international fans (hence the international games) and women in the 18 - 30 demographic. I know there's women that genuinely love football, but most are bored out of their minds when their boyfriend/husbands are watching it. This gives them something to capture their interest. It's marketing
cowboycwr
Meh. I don't really care who is on any pregame show. A person there or not there is not going to make me watch or not watch.

Same for in game commentators. At most the game announcer might make me tired of listening to them but again not going to impact if I watch the game or not.

And for MNF I haven't truly watched a game in years and haven't watched an NFL talk show in a decade or more.
ABC BEAR
Kelce is the latest iteration of ABC's attempt to replace Dandy Don.
GoodOleBaylorLine
MrGolfguy said:

Different Kelce
And this one is already married and never played for the Chiefs
GoodOleBaylorLine
ABC BEAR said:

No one under 50 has any idea what you're talking about.
TenBears
Manning brothers MNF is sooooooooooo much more entertaining than the main show. Just no comparison.
ABC BEAR
GoodOleBaylorLine said:

ABC BEAR said:

No one under 50 has any idea what you're talking about.
Yes, it's a quixotic (impracticable) journey for ABC Sports.
BUBBFAN
ABC BEAR said:

Dandy Don could never be replaced. one of a kind. I was present at the first college game he ever played at SMU.
ABC BEAR
BUBBFAN said:

ABC BEAR said:

Dandy Don could never be replaced. one of a kind. I was present at the first college game he ever played at SMU.
It's like being at a party where everything is perfect and then trying to recreate that ambiance, that glow.....it never happens that way again. Such is the futility of recreating the ephemeral trio of Gifford, Cosell and Meredith.
TenBears
ABC BEAR said:

BUBBFAN said:

ABC BEAR said:

It's like being at a party where everything is perfect and then trying to recreate that ambiance, that glow.....it never happens that way again. Such is the futility of recreating the ephemeral trio of Gifford, Cosell and Meredith.

Yep. Lord that was an eternity ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.