Football
Sponsored by

What will it take to get Mack Rhodes Fired?

7,654 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Please let this man and his family attend Baylor events in peace. He has had to make some hard decisions related to his own incompetence and the incompetence of his colleagues.
Gust Avrakotos
penthouse please
possible12
Jeez, he's not gonna be fired for at least 3 years for just losing games. I'd guess that 3rd year might get a little less secure. Even worst detractors probably know deep down it is what it is for a few years. Now, he might say , "screw this", and quietly ask out for a price before then.
Gust Avrakotos
possible12 said:

Jeez, he's not gonna be fired for at least 3 years for just losing games. I'd guess that 3rd year might get a little less secure. Even worst detractors probably know deep down it is what it is for a few years. Now, he might say , "screw this", and quietly ask out for a price before then.
Are you talking about Rhodes or Jersey?
Robert Wilson
Rhoads has a gel infused combover. All you need to know right there.
possible12
WAC_K_O BEAR said:

possible12 said:

Football coach....If AD gets canned, might tighten coaching circumstances by a year. Doubt it.
CorsicanaBear
Who made the decision to hire Rhodes? Was it the board as a whole? A subset of the board? Ramsower? Certainly not Garland. Was it Teaff? Was he immaculately conceived or created ex nihilo? Inquiring minds want to know.

This is not intended as a critique of Rhodes per se, I'm just interested in what the process was. Since I'm being asked to trust it I'd like a little information about it.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Gust Avrakotos
possible12 said:

WAC_K_O BEAR said:

possible12 said:

Football coach....If AD gets canned, might tighten coaching circumstances by a year. Doubt it.
this thread is about the AD...we all realize that Jersey isn't going anywhere until the AD gets canned.
57Bear
On March 8, 2015 Mack Bernard Rhoades IV left U of Houston to become AD at U of Missouri.

On July 13, 2016 Baylor University announced that he would be the new AD.

In 46 days, he will have been at BU longer than he was at Missouri. Maybe he will find a better job and leave of his own accord. "He is a charismatic leader who pays careful attention to details and cultivates solidarity among the coaches and staff. He intends to build champions on the field and on the court and to mold student-athletes into champions in their lives after sports. ..." http://www.baylorbears.com/genrel/mack_rhoades_1019852.html

D. C. Bear
It will take you posting less.
PartyBear
Since when has Richard Dreyfuss been on our BOR?
alphaneedle
Timbear said:

The last 2 Rhoades HC hires are a combined 5-13. Rhule was hired to put a good face on the program, and keep us out of trouble. Wins are secondary. He and Snow were arrogant thinking they're really going to show the Big 12.
Since we are bringing up old posts…just happened to see this one
ZachTay
Rhoades IS the problem. Always has been......for the 7+ years.

EVERY athletic program at Baylor has declined performance under Rhoades......except MBB. And that almost got away from him too recently.....if not for the mega-deal he almost certainly made with Coach Scott Drew behind closed doors. We may never know the full extent of what Drew got.

Rhoades must go......just as it was 7 years ago.
74Bear
I'm in your corner, Mr. Control Freak the AD is the problem
Bandito
I think as long as Linda is here, Mack will be here as long as he wants too.
ScottS
A couple of things here...

1) Mack was installed to take down our sports programs and make Sing the #1 event on campus. In football he has checked the box. In WBB he ran off Mulkey. Still working on MBB.

2) Mack has workers monitoring this board so be careful what you say on here (or type).
drahthaar
"Charismatic"?
Daveisabovereproach
Mack and Dave are a package deal I believe.
Fre3dombear
6 years lolololololol
Rg6
If Mack did not negotiate Aranda's buyout down to about $1 million or less in exchange for giving him another year, he should be fired.
Daveisabovereproach
To your second point: Bear2B2 and Azerombie. They might actually be the same person though
bear2be2
Rg6 said:

If Mack did not negotiate Aranda's buyout down to about $1 million or less in exchange for giving him another year, he should be fired.
Why would Aranda do that? If Rhoades should be fired, it should be for giving Aranda that buyout to begin with. Expecting parties to act in a way that no reasonable people would after the fact is goofy.
jikespingleton
alphaneedle said:

Timbear said:

The last 2 Rhoades HC hires are a combined 5-13. Rhule was hired to put a good face on the program, and keep us out of trouble. Wins are secondary. He and Snow were arrogant thinking they're really going to show the Big 12.
Since we are bringing up old posts…just happened to see this one
Yeah that post didn't age well at all.
Aberzombie1892
Daveisabovereproach said:

To your second point: Bear2B2 and Azerombie. They might actually be the same person though

How does two people disagreeing mean that one is a covert operative for an institution? These posts become more unhinged by the day, and the only upside is that if things continue to deteriorate at the same rate, you won't be able to form complete thoughts by the fall.
Bandito
As long as Linda is here, Mack can stay as long as he wants. Those two were separated at birth and making up for lost time.

https://images.app.goo.gl/eETB7gPd1YnCoZhp6
57Bear

Convert or covert?
Mitch Blood Green
ZachTay said:

EVERY athletic program at Baylor has declined performance under Rhoades......except MBB. And that almost got away from him too recently.....if not for the mega-deal he almost certainly made with Coach Scott Drew behind closed doors. We may never know the full extent of what Drew got.

I watched baseball today and had the same conclusion.
Aberzombie1892
57Bear said:

Convert or covert?

Haha I'm getting old.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
ZachTay said:

Based on your example above, sounds like Mack has handled MBB very well. Only a few programs in the nation could Fend off UK from taking their coach. I've never been easy on Mack, but he absolutely deserves credit for making BU an environment that CSD wants to coach at.
ZachTay
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

ZachTay said:

Based on your example above, sounds like Mack has handled MBB very well. Only a few programs in the nation could Fend off UK from taking their coach. I've never been easy on Mack, but he absolutely deserves credit for making BU an environment that CSD wants to coach at.
Mack, you really should stay off these blog sites. We are perfectly OK without you chiming in.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
ZachTay said:

ZachTay said:

Mack, you really should stay off these blog sites. We are perfectly OK without you chiming in.

You bringing up how he was able to keep CSD and then try to spin it as a negative is kindergarten playground logic.

First time and likely last time someone will call me a Mack sock. I've been very vocal about the mishandling of football.

Maybe think before you post.

Ghostrider
nothing....Linda wouldnt fire anyone
ZachTay

ZachTay said:

ZachTay said:

You bringing up how he was able to keep CSD and then try to spin it as a negative is kindergarten playground logic.

First time and likely last time someone will call me a Mack sock. I've been very vocal about the mishandling of football.

Sure, Francis
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
ZachTay said:

ZachTay said:

ZachTay said:

Sure, Francis

Lighten up, Francis
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.