Applebees in Waco closed its doors today.

2,773 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by sipembeers
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorHistory said:

Funky Town Bear said:

There was a Kenny Rogers Roasters on Valley Mills between Waco Dr and Bosque back in the mid 90s. Similar to a Boston Market. But in fact not one.
That must've been what I was thinking of as I distinctly remember waiting in the car for my parents to get a grilled chicken after church one time.

Did you see Kramer?

BaylorHistory
Kenny? Kenny!
PartyBear
whitetrash said:

Funky Town Bear said:

There was a Kenny Rogers Roasters on Valley Mills between Waco Dr and Bosque back in the mid 90s. Similar to a Boston Market. But in fact not one.
Correct. In the building that was originally Saxon Sandwich Shop, then Taco Torch, then Kenny Rogers, then Schlotzsky's, then the burger joint run by Stranger, now Valles.
Stanger had a burger joint in that building? I didnt realize that. I also dont really recall the burger joint.
Edmond Bear
PartyBear said:

Is TGIFridays out of business nationally? The one in Waco only lasted from about 98 to 2000 maybe 2001.

They still exist but only about 1/3 of the locations as their peak.

There is a lot less flair in the world today.
Whiskey Pete
Harrison Bergeron said:

Old300Bear said:

That restaurant was just worn out. Far beyond time for a remodel. Everything in the place was sticky or grungy.
That's been my impression of every Applebee's I have been to in 20 years ... everything seemed old and worn, sticky and grungy.

I really liked Bennigan's and Friday's. Shocked Applebee's is outlasting those two.
Would love to see Bennigan's back in business!
Robert Wilson
Whiskey Pete said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Old300Bear said:

That restaurant was just worn out. Far beyond time for a remodel. Everything in the place was sticky or grungy.
That's been my impression of every Applebee's I have been to in 20 years ... everything seemed old and worn, sticky and grungy.

I really liked Bennigan's and Friday's. Shocked Applebee's is outlasting those two.
Would love to see Bennigan's back in business!

Man ... when I was a teen / college kid, I used to love to hammer those monte cristo sandwiches. Ham and turkey and cheese deep fried then sprinkled in sugar and dipped in some raspberry sauce? Holy sht I'd die if I ate one of those now.
sipembeers
BaylorHistory said:

Hmmm, I seem to remember one being on Waco Dr near what is now Barnes and Noble. What might I be thinking of instead?

Think you are right. Where the current fazzolis is.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.