Cricket

4,879 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Mothra
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kristi-noem-defends-killing-puppy-despite-bipartisan-outrage-people-looking-for-leaders
Harrison Bergeron
Seems like a fun sport but struggle to following the rules and different types of games that can seemingly range from three hours to three weeks.
Realitybites
Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

Probably worse, actually.

Between recording an infomercial for a dentist's office, shooting her dog, and the affair with Corey Lewandowski I'm not sure how she escaped the trailer park to get to the governor's mansion.
Mitch Blood Green
Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

Between recording an infomercial for a dentist's office, shooting her dog, and the affair with Corey Lewandowski I'm not sure how she escaped the trailer park to get to the governor's mansion.

This is where over partisanship hurts us. But killing the dog? I'm not sure how she survives that. (I could be wrong.
KaiBear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

This is where over partisanship hurts us. But killing the dog? I'm not sure how she survives that. (I could be wrong.

Dog was a danger to people and livestock.

Got zero problem with her actions.

As I also once shot the alpha male of a pack of wild dogs which were repeatedly attacking my calves.

Gal is an excellent governor and has the potential to become president

Which is why leftists are trying to discredit her in any way possible.
Harrison Bergeron
KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

As I also once shot the alpha male of a pack of wild dogs which were repeatedly attacking my calves.

Amazing with the nutjobs consider "news" and not news.

If it had been a human baby, she's be a martyr and hero.
Mitch Blood Green
KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

This was not the alpha male of a pack of wild dogs. This was her pet that she was responsible for training.

Have you shot your dog?
Realitybites
Quote:

It was a younger dog that she was trying to train as a hunting dog. She failed to train it, whether it was due to her incompetence or the personality of the dog is unclear. At any rate, given the training she attempted it is unsurprising that it ended up killing a couple of chickens. Rather than shoot it, she should have found a new home for it or surrendered it to a shelter. The situation is completely different than dealing with a pack of wild dogs, coyotes, or wolves.
Realitybites
Quote:

She's a better looking version of Kamala Harris with probably 20 extra IQ points, better public speaking ability, and worse political instincts.

One of the VP choices for Trump that would get me to vote RFK.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have shot several of my dogs when they were too old to work and dying slowly in poor health. My brother took his old dying dog to the vet for disposal and it cost $25. A dog is a dog. I am mostly a vegetarian but last week I ate a hamburger made from the remains of a cow somebody put down. Moooooo. I have shot other peoples dogs that killed my chickens or bothered my goats.
Wangchung
Harrison Bergeron said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

This. Faux outrage from baby killers over a dog.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ron.reagan
Even though I understand the situation most Americans don't like to acknowledge where we get our food and I can't imagine anyone getting past the image of dog killer in this country.
KaiBear
Mitch Blood Green said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

This was not the alpha male of a pack of wild dogs. This was her pet that she was responsible for training.

Have you shot your dog?

Her 'pet' became a threat to people and livestock.

She did the right thing ….not remotely a close call.

What you choose to be upset about is usually politically motivated . That's a given with anyone familiar with your posts.

But this deal is a silly 'reach' even for you.

KaiBear
Wangchung said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

This. Faux outrage from baby killers over a dog.

In Colorado it is illegal to kill a wolf.

However one can kill their own baby for any or no reason right up until the very moment the head protrudes from the birthing canal.

Fre3dombear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

Mit Romney couldn't survive a dog on his car

Goal posts have moved though
Mitch Blood Green
Fre3dombear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

Mit Romney couldn't survive a dog on his car

Goal posts have moved though

I'm not a dog person. Don't have dogs. Won't have dogs. But I know dog lovers.

I can't see her on the ticket.
Realitybites
Mitch Blood Green said:

But killing the dog? I'm not sure how she survives that. (I could be wrong.

If she survives this, it is because Trump picks her anyway and the story goes away. You can see the responses here. But it will drag down the ticket, and it loses in November.
LIB,MR BEARS
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have shot several of my dogs when they were too old to work and dying slowly in poor health. My brother took his old dying dog to the vet for disposal and it cost $25. A dog is a dog. I am mostly a vegetarian but last week I ate a hamburger made from the remains of a cow somebody put down. Moooooo. I have shot other peoples dogs that killed my chickens or bothered my goats.

Crimes of passion are viewed differently. Nobody is coming at you for killing a dog that attacked your goat.
KaiBear

Never heard of anyone shooting so many dogs.

Very weird post.

' Moooooo'

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Starred
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Realitybites said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

But killing the dog? I'm not sure how she survives that. (I could be wrong.

If she survives this, it is because Trump picks her anyway and the story goes away. You can see the responses here. But it will drag down the ticket, and it loses in November.
Do you remember the non-stop ads years ago of those meanyhead Republicans wheeling Granny and Grandpa off the cliff in their wheelchairs? Get ready for non-stop ads of Cristi executing Rover. Trump would be best to avoid this distraction.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
muddybrazos
KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

This wasnt a pack of wild dogs it was the family pet. Send the dog to field training school. It was only 14 months old so that is about the time you send a dog off to train to hunt. Just shooting it is not a good look for her. Hell, Joe Biden has multiple dogs that attack people and are way older than puppies. He clearly doesnt know how to train or own a dog but at least he didnt shoot them.

he doesnt look like some crazy killer dog
Bestweekeverr
I think what's worse than actually shooting the dog is deciding to put it in her book and making it seem like she enjoyed it because she hated the dog.

I get that life is different on the farm, but the vast majority of Americans aren't farmers and many of them like dogs more than they like humans.

Just really dumb.
Mothra
KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

I read the article, and I saw little evidence the dog was a danger to people and livestock. Noem said the dog had bitten people, but she failed to give any context or state when that occurred (coincidentally, lots of puppies bite people, which is why they need training). Moreover, what preceded the shooting was the dog's behavior on a pheasant hunt. Noem said, the dog went "out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life." That was when she decided to shoot her.

Sorry, but that is not a reasonable reaction. My grandad hunted ducks, and had a lab who was too excitable and would chase the ducks. My grandad ended up giving the dog to a nice family who kept him for many years. Have another friend who trains support dogs, and those dogs that are too excitable are put up for adoption.

Shooting a dog should have been the last resort. It speaks of a very low character. Noem seems heartless.
Mothra
Realitybites said:

Quote:

It was a younger dog that she was trying to train as a hunting dog. She failed to train it, whether it was due to her incompetence or the personality of the dog is unclear. At any rate, given the training she attempted it is unsurprising that it ended up killing a couple of chickens. Rather than shoot it, she should have found a new home for it or surrendered it to a shelter. The situation is completely different than dealing with a pack of wild dogs, coyotes, or wolves.
Indeed, that is what any reasonable person would have done.
Mothra

I am mostly a vegetarian but last week I ate a hamburger made from the remains of a cow somebody put down.
Well, that's a bit of a false equivalency.
J.R.
As a person who grew up with English Setters and GSP's, I sorta understand. I have shot a couple of my dogs in the ass when the broke a covey and they didn't do that again . If a dog needs to be put down, I'd have the vet do it.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Animals are animals. The same people that eat them, wear leather belts and shoes, etc, get upset when someone puts down an animal that doesnt do its job or is no longer useful.
Mothra

Animals are animals. The same people that eat them, wear leather belts and shoes, etc, get upset when someone puts down an animal that doesnt do its job or is no longer useful.
More false equivalency.

I would suggest there is a sliding scale somewhere in there, and it's not as binary as you're attempting to make it. One can like to eat a burger every now and then, and still want to see a pet treated humanely and with compassion.

This shouldn't be a difficult concept for most reasonable adults.

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

- Immanuel Kant
KaiBear
muddybrazos said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

This wasnt a pack of wild dogs it was the family pet. Send the dog to field training school. It was only 14 months old so that is about the time you send a dog off to train to hunt. Just shooting it is not a good look for her. Hell, Joe Biden has multiple dogs that attack people and are way older than puppies. He clearly doesnt know how to train or own a dog but at least he didnt shoot them.

Good grief it's all BS.

The gal did what she had to do.
LIB,MR BEARS

Starred

If you put it on a tee, you have to expect it to get hit.
Mothra
KaiBear said:

muddybrazos said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

The gal did what she had to do.
So, she had no other choice than to shoot the dog in a gravel pit?

Huh...
Fre3dombear
Noem won't be the pick. Were Dems that worried about her?
LIB,MR BEARS
Bestweekeverr said:

I think what's worse than actually shooting the dog is deciding to put it in her book and making it seem like she enjoyed it because she hated the dog.

I get that life is different on the farm, but the vast majority of Americans aren't farmers and many of them like dogs more than they like humans.

Just really dumb.

There are several people I know that will donate/volunteer/rescue and do all sorts of things to do what they see as helping dogs and cats. I don't think they lift a finger for homeless shelters, children's causes, unwed mothers etc…. Their social media cries out in angst over a stray running down Valley Mills and they'll get 100's of likes and comments.

How some people place the life and comfort of a dog or cat above a human is beyond me.

Some see taking a dog to the vet to be put down as being humane. Those same people don't understand shooting a horse or heifer. They are both humane means of putting down a suffering animal…. or dangerous one.

Now, believing that, I do have enough sense not to brag about how humanly I put down an emancipated doe caught in a barbed wire fence. Or have had to put down dogs before.

As you said, farm and ranch life is different. It often is something bragged about and it should be common sense that others will view things differently.

I guess she was hoping to ride the Yellowstone hype wave.
LIB,MR BEARS
Mothra said:

I am mostly a vegetarian but last week I ate a hamburger made from the remains of a cow somebody put down.
Well, that's a bit of a false equivalency.

Wire hair just sounds gristly. I see your point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.