Cricket

4,875 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Mothra
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not mad at all. Getting anxious about my summer anabasis. I think you presenting yourself as a wannabe bride of Godzilla is sad but I respect you for being honest about your yearnings.

You were the only one bringing up cruelty. Putting an animal down with a gun is not cruel. Locking an animal up in a house is cruel. Keeping a medium or big dog in a fenced backyard is cruel. Breeding animals out of a healthy bone structure is cruel. Keeping an animal that is too old is cruel. Prolonging the life of an animal that is in pain because you will miss him is cruel.

Putting down an animal is just a part of life.
FLBear5630
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Not mad at all. Getting anxious about my summer anabasis. I think you presenting yourself as a wannabe bride of Godzilla is sad but I respect you for being honest about your yearnings.

You were the only one bringing up cruelty. Putting an animal down with a gun is not cruel. Locking an animal up in a house is cruel. Keeping a medium or big dog in a fenced backyard is cruel. Breeding animals out of a healthy bone structure is cruel. Keeping an animal that is too old is cruel. Prolonging the life of an animal that is in pain because you will miss him is cruel.

I agree, without knowing the animal it is hard to pass judgement. If that dog attacks a kid or animal it is the owner's responsibility. And there is a difference how such things are handled in rural vs urban areas. If I am in the City, I call Animal Control. On the dairy farm, much more likely to handle it ourselves. Reality of life.
Mothra

I appreciate the consistent fascination with my screename, redneck, and am amused it causes you such discomfort.

I guess whether putting an animal down via a gun shot is cruel depends on the person doing the shooting. I suppose if it's done execution style, then it might be a brief amount of pain, though none of us can say for sure since we haven't been killed in that manner. What is more likely is it took a few shots to kill a moving dog. Who knows how many, or how painful it was unless you're the dog. I've seen a pig killed with a shotgun. Took a couple of shots to the head before it stopped squealing and finally succumbed to its injuries. Saw a coyote shot, and it took a few extra shots to kill it after being tracked down. Hopefully this woman was a good shot.

I will say I haven't seen a healthy pet killed merely because one was mad at it. When you shot your dogs, sounds like they were already old and near death or were suffering. Or did you ever kill a dog because it made you mad or just for sport, like this chick? I would say there is a difference between killing an animal because you were mad at it or didn't like it and killing an animal because it was dangerous or in pain, but I guess that's just me.
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

I agree, without knowing the animal it is hard to pass judgement. If that dog attacks a kid or animal it is the owner's responsibility. And there is a difference how such things are handled in rural vs urban areas. If I am in the City, I call Animal Control. On the dairy farm, much more likely to handle it ourselves. Reality of life.
You keep repeating the same straw man that this dog was dangerous or a threat. It's weird.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Honest answers

I lived with my grandpa in Moody on a little 40 acre dirt farm. He kept about 10 cows, pigs and chickens. I also helped my dad. He ran about 40 cows on 250 acre over on Coryell creek. I coached and taught in Temple and ran around 50 head on 400 acres in Bruceville Eddy. I was never a full time rancher. I had cows, horses and goats from the age of about 40 to 53. I used dogs to protect my goats. There ws never enough land in our family to make a living so we all worked. Dad worked for TRC, i taught and coached. My younger brother is a banker.

i came from a middle class to lower class family. My dad worked hard . My brother and I were very lucky to get to attend Baylor. It didnt cost my Dad a penny.
LIB,MR BEARS
J.R. said:

My Persian Cat ain't worth a damn, but man is he a great pet!

Here's to hoping you have fewer than 10 cats
KaiBear

Honest answers

I lived with my grandpa in Moody on a little 40 acre dirt farm. He kept about 10 cows, pigs and chickens. I also helped my dad. He ran about 40 cows on 250 acre over on Coryell creek. I coached and taught in Temple and ran around 50 head on 400 acres in Bruceville Eddy. I was never a full time rancher. I had cows, horses and goats from the age of about 40 to 53. I used dogs to protect my goats. There ws never enough land in our family to make a living so we all worked. Dad worked for TRC, i taught and coached. My younger brother is a banker.

i came from a middle class to lower class family. My dad worked hard . My brother and I were very lucky to get to attend Baylor. It didnt cost my Dad a penny.

Interesting

Thanks.
LIB,MR BEARS
I've never done any ranching but I get the impression that 200 dairy cows is MUCH MORE labor intensive than 200 stockers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
KaiBear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I've never done any ranching but I get the impression that 200 dairy cows is MUCH MORE labor intensive than 200 stockers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You are not wrong.
Oldbear83
muddybrazos said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

Probably worse, actually.

Between recording an infomercial for a dentist's office, shooting her dog, and the affair with Corey Lewandowski I'm not sure how she escaped the trailer park to get to the governor's mansion.

This is where over partisanship hurts us. But killing the dog? I'm not sure how she survives that. (I could be wrong.

Dog was a danger to people and livestock.

Got zero problem with her actions.

As I also once shot the alpha male of a pack of wild dogs which were repeatedly attacking my calves.

Gal is an excellent governor and has the potential to become president

Which is why leftists are trying to discredit her in any way possible.
This wasnt a pack of wild dogs it was the family pet. Send the dog to field training school. It was only 14 months old so that is about the time you send a dog off to train to hunt. Just shooting it is not a good look for her. Hell, Joe Biden has multiple dogs that attack people and are way older than puppies. He clearly doesnt know how to train or own a dog but at least he didnt shoot them.

he doesnt look like some crazy killer dog
They always said it's the quiet ones which are the most dangerous ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
LIB,MR BEARS
Oldbear83 said:

muddybrazos said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Realitybites said:

Noem is Sarah Palin 2.0.

Probably worse, actually.

Between recording an infomercial for a dentist's office, shooting her dog, and the affair with Corey Lewandowski I'm not sure how she escaped the trailer park to get to the governor's mansion.

This is where over partisanship hurts us. But killing the dog? I'm not sure how she survives that. (I could be wrong.

Dog was a danger to people and livestock.

Got zero problem with her actions.

As I also once shot the alpha male of a pack of wild dogs which were repeatedly attacking my calves.

Gal is an excellent governor and has the potential to become president

Which is why leftists are trying to discredit her in any way possible.
This wasnt a pack of wild dogs it was the family pet. Send the dog to field training school. It was only 14 months old so that is about the time you send a dog off to train to hunt. Just shooting it is not a good look for her. Hell, Joe Biden has multiple dogs that attack people and are way older than puppies. He clearly doesnt know how to train or own a dog but at least he didnt shoot them.

he doesnt look like some crazy killer dog
They always said it's the quiet ones which are the most dangerous ...

So, when they said b itches, they really did mean dogs. Dang, I owe a couple people an apology.
Jack Bauer
well, this can't get any worse....oh wait.

KaiBear
She did better this time around.

Suspect the vast majority of Americans care far more about inflation, border security and spoiled college students then the method employed putting down a dog.
FLBear5630
Jack Bauer said:

She obviously believes she is in the right.
Mothra
KaiBear said:

She did better this time around.

Suspect the vast majority of Americans care far more about inflation, border security and spoiled college students then the method employed putting down a dog.
I suspect more Americans do indeed care about inflation, border security and spoiled college students, but the manner in which this dumb woman did what she did points to a severe lack of character, judgment and morals that will turn off Americans in a way that cheating on one's wife will not.

She's political toast. All she is doing at this point is digging her hole deeper. Best course of action for her right now is to lay low so people will forget what a POS she is.
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Jack Bauer said:

There's that lack of judgment again. She's proven herself to be totally unqualified for his running mate.

Anyone who thought the story of her killing her dog would go over well with the vast majority of Americans was c complete idiot.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
So killing her own dog is higher up on your list than bragging about ***** grabbing, cheating on your wife while she is preggo and getting a drs deferral for the draft while marching in parades and playing college sports?

You seem to have higher standards for VP than the man you will vote for pres. for the 3rd time.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-melania-stormy-daniels-affairs-marriages-timeline-2018-3#playboy-model-karen-mcdougal-alleged-that-she-started-an-affa
Thee University

Honest answers

I share a number of similarities with your upbringing from a farm/ranching aspect and also being lucky to attend Baylor and do so without costing my parents anything. Instead of "all hat and no cattle" I'm no hat and few cattle or a certified Rexall Ranger.

As a very young boy I saw my father shoot his prized hound dogs because they kept killing chickens. He even tried tying a recently killed chicken around one of the dog's neck for several days in hope that the dog would. learn his lesson. The dogs were named Sonny Liston & Cassius Clay. They not only killed chickens but chased with the intent to kill sheep, goats and deer. He tried for a few weeks to teach them how to behave.

I myself helped put out strychnine poisoned meat in the interior of our ranches when we had "predator" problems which included roaming neighbor's dogs. We always gave fair warning to our neighbors though.

I weighed in on this not because anybody cares about my upbringing but more because I think Kristi Noem could have been semi-justified (from a ranching perspective and childhood upbringing) for shooting her dog. I'm a bit taken aback by the pictures of Cricket though. He does not look like a hard working cattle or ranching dog. He looks like a house dog.

Bottom line is that I thought that she would be smarter than to put this incident in a book at this time in her life.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

Honest answers

I share a number of similarities with your upbringing from a farm/ranching aspect and also being lucky to attend Baylor and do so without costing my parents anything. Instead of "all hat and no cattle" I'm no hat and few cattle or a certified Rexall Ranger.

As a very young boy I saw my father shoot his prized hound dogs because they kept killing chickens. He even tried tying a recently killed chicken around one of the dog's neck for several days in hope that the dog would. learn his lesson. The dogs were named Sonny Liston & Cassius Clay. They not only killed chickens but chased with the intent to kill sheep, goats and deer. He tried for a few weeks to teach them how to behave.

I myself helped put out strychnine poisoned meat in the interior of our ranches when we had "predator" problems which included roaming neighbor's dogs. We always gave fair warning to our neighbors though.

I weighed in on this not because anybody cares about my upbringing but more because I think Kristi Noem could have been semi-justified (from a ranching perspective and childhood upbringing) for shooting her dog. I'm a bit taken aback by the pictures of Cricket though. He does not look like a hard working cattle or ranching dog. He looks like a house dog.

Bottom line is that I thought that she would be smarter than to put this incident in a book at this time in her life.

It pays to know your audience and to know what things will be pushed by the press and what thing will not be.

If we were electing a war hero for office, I doubt we'd want to know all the details of his exploits. The details would only serve to turn people away.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Jack Bauer said:

There's that lack of judgment again. She's proven herself to be totally unqualified for his running mate.

Anyone who thought the story of her killing her dog would go over well with the vast majority of Americans was c complete idiot.
On this we agree...
Mothra

So killing her own dog is higher up on your list than bragging about ***** grabbing, cheating on your wife while she is preggo and getting a drs deferral for the draft while marching in parades and playing college sports?

You seem to have higher standards for VP than the man you will vote for pres. for the 3rd time.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-melania-stormy-daniels-affairs-marriages-timeline-2018-3#playboy-model-karen-mcdougal-alleged-that-she-started-an-affa
Look, I understand why an immoral dog-killing POS would think cheating on your wife is worse than animal cruelty, but if you will read closer, you will see I've offered no opinion on that subject. Both are terrible and exhibit a depraved character.

Instead, I was commenting on what I believe the American people will find worse, and that is undoubtedly cruelty to animals, as evidenced by the flack she has received. People and politicians cheat on their spouses all the time. Far fewer have the notoriety of admitting to killing their animals because they "hate" them.

As for voting, this will come as a shock to you, but if Noem were running for president, I would likewise vote for her over the disastrous and dangerous policies of the Biden admin any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You just can't seem to grasp such pragmatism.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I might vote for her as president if she was the republican candidate. I would probably vote for Ron D. or Mike Pence if they were nominated. I could vote RFK. Other than me being a cruel immoral dog killing POS and you craving the Godzilla meat, we are the same. I just refuse to hold my nose when I vote.
sicem2471
Thee University said:

Honest answers

Shelters and rescues exist for a reason
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The Humane Society reminds everyone that these are the harsh challenges they fight every day. WACO, Texas The Humane Society of Central Texas is mourning the loss of seven dogs at the Waco Animal Shelter after they had to be put down due to capacity limitations.May 1, 2024
https://www.kcentv.com local 7-...
KaiBear

I might vote for her as president if she was the republican candidate. I would probably vote for Ron D. or Mike Pence if they were nominated. I could vote RFK. Other than me being a cruel immoral dog killing POS and you craving the Godzilla meat, we are the same. I just refuse to hold my nose when I vote.

This dog killing POS will vote for Trump but am hoping the Republican Party will find the courage to dump his crazy comedy routine and nominate Ron D, Haley, or Mrs Governor dog killer.

BTW I think Pence would make a good president. But our electorate values flash over substance.

Mothra

LOL. No we are not even remotely the same politically. The way you vote is tacit support for Biden.

Sorry.
sicem2471

The Humane Society reminds everyone that these are the harsh challenges they fight every day. WACO, Texas The Humane Society of Central Texas is mourning the loss of seven dogs at the Waco Animal Shelter after they had to be put down due to capacity limitations.May 1, 2024
They had the opportunity of adoption
LIB,MR BEARS
sicem2471 said:

They had the opportunity of adoption
Those dead dogs had more opportunities than 60 million babies
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Mothra said:

LOL. No we are not even remotely the same politically. The way you vote is tacit support for Biden.

Sorry.
I worded that poorly. i just meant that we have voted for the same people most of our lives. I have voted for more Rep candidates because i am older. I did not mean that I was a condescending pompous hypocrite like you. Is there a cure for logorrhea?
Mothra

Mothra said:

Sorry.
I worded that poorly. i just meant that we have voted for the same people most of our lives. I have voted for more Rep candidates because i am older.
It's a shame you lost your way. You used to be a good poster.

TDS.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I was a good poster because I voted for Repubs like Reagon, and the Bushes. I would still vote for them. I have changed in 40 years. I have worked in 5 countries. I have changed my opinions. I was wrong about some things and I think I am right about a lot of things.. I think anyone that views the world with open eyes and wonder is bound to change on some things.

I like my life now and think I will retire for the 3rd time next year. I am checking out some business opps in Cambodia and Thailand next month.
Mothra

I was a good poster because I voted for Repubs like Reagon, and the Bushes. I would still vote for them. I have changed in 40 years. I have worked in 5 countries. I have changed my opinions. I was wrong about some things and I think I am right about a lot of things.. I think anyone that views the world with open eyes and wonder is bound to change on some things.

I like my life now and think I will retire for the 3rd time next year. I am checking out some business opps in Cambodia and Thailand next month.
We all change over time. It comes with life and experience. For instance, I once thought that Bush was a great president, and that the war against terrorism was a good thing. I believed he was a good Christian man who would fight for Judeo-Christian causes.

Now, I believe history has shown Bush was a poor and flawed president who allowed the war hawks and neocons who were a part of his admin to influence him to take evil actions - actions that got a lot of our boys killed and seriously injured, not to mention tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis. I now realize his moderate choices for the Supreme Court have done great damage to the conservative cause. And despite the fact that he seemed like a good person, he made a lot of decisions that seriously harmed our country in a way that someone like, say, Trump, would have a hard time coming close to touching. On the scale of evils and damage done to our country, the Bush admin far exceeds Trump, despite my personal disdain for Trump's lifestyle choices.

What do you believe you were wrong about, and on what issues have you changed your opinions?

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I used to think a lot more black and white in politics. I still think Bush was a decent president, The repubs went bad with McCain. I considered him a war hero but thought he was too liberal. I voted libertarian. Havent voted for a Rep or Dem for pres. since. Our country is in trouble and we need ledership. IMO as long as everyone just votes the party line we are stuck. i do what I can.

Much more important to me is the small picture. I have changed my mind about the drug issue. I dont do any drugs beyond a few beers on Saturday night in America. I think it should be a personal choice. What a man does in his own home should be his choice. He shouldnt endanger others.

I think we need immigration reform.

I dont view Americans as any better than Chinese Mexicans, Thais etc. I even got to know a few Muslims I respected but most are nasty. I dont trust Palestinians or Egyptians.

I no longer think republicans are the good guys and dems are evil. There are good and bad on both sides.

I dont think I have lost my way. i help some people. I try not to hurt anyone. I have friends around the world. I love to travel. This summer will be big. I am just an old man squeezing the most out of the years I have left. My kids are drug free, straight, healthy, make more money than i do, have healthy happy kids and are doing well.

Mothra

I used to think a lot more black and white in politics. I still think Bush was a decent president, The repubs went bad with McCain. I considered him a war hero but thought he was too liberal. I voted libertarian. Havent voted for a Rep or Dem for pres. since. Our country is in trouble and we need ledership. IMO as long as everyone just votes the party line we are stuck. i do what I can.

Much more important to me is the small picture. I have changed my mind about the drug issue. I dont do any drugs beyond a few beers on Saturday night in America. I think it should be a personal choice. What a man does in his own home should be his choice. He shouldnt endanger others.

I think we need immigration reform.

I dont view Americans as any better than Chinese Mexicans, Thais etc. I even got to know a few Muslims I respected but most are nasty. I dont trust Palestinians or Egyptians.

I no longer think republicans are the good guys and dems are evil. There are good and bad on both sides.

I dont think I have lost my way. i help some people. I try not to hurt anyone. I have friends around the world. I love to travel. This summer will be big. I am just an old man squeezing the most out of the years I have left. My kids are drug free, straight, healthy, make more money than i do, have healthy happy kids and are doing well.
Fair enough. I suspect you will find this somewhat a surprise, but I don't think black and white in politics either. I realize Trump is a bad man, and personally dislike a lot of the MAGA politicians who bend their knees to him. I also understand the temptation to vote third party or write in. My wife and I have had that discussion this next election cycle.

I think the key difference in our political beliefs is I think the Biden admin's policies have been disastrous, both in domestic and foreign policy, and I think his foreign policy is dangerous. That is why I can't bring myself to vote third party. As much as I dislike Trump, I don't think he is nearly the danger that Biden is. And I fully expect Biden to go full war hawk and wokester if he gets a second term. We literally could find ourselves in multiple fronts around the world. That is why I fully appreciate the importance of anyone but Biden this next election cycle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.