Diversity is Destroying America

3,975 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Wangchung
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much more forced diversity can you take?

Who on Sic 'em supports and practices diversity in 2024?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Amen Brother Thee!!!!

Should we need heart surgery or an airline pilot, we want the BEST. Not the best black disabled Muslim lesbian that was number 101 out of 102 in their class.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
The_barBEARian
Thee University said:

Well I was just told in another thread today that I am a member of the Aryan Brotherhood (which was news to me) so wouldn't want to disappoint that poster by raising my hand now
Johnny Bear
The whole DEI craze is based on the false premise/narrative that America is an inherently bigoted/racist country ruled by evil oppressive white heterosexual men and if that's not you, then you are therefore at a serious disadvantage with little hope of success - unless there are (preferably non-white heterosexual male) people in place whose job it is to force the evil white heterosexual male "rulers" to accept you. And if that means your advancement is mainly if not entirely based on the fact that you are not a white heterosexual male, then so be it as evil racist/bigoted America deserves it.

It's not just a false narrative, but is also a very dangerous one that is and will continue to cause serious negative consequences for all.

ABC BEAR
Our Strength Is Our Diversity. So sayeth our handlers.
Forest Bueller_bf
Johnny Bear said:

The whole DEI craze is based on the false premise/narrative that America is an inherently bigoted/racist country ruled by evil oppressive white heterosexual men and if that's not you, then you are therefore at a serious disadvantage with little hope of success - unless there are (preferably non-white heterosexual male) people in place whose job it is to force the evil white heterosexual male "rulers" to accept you. And if that means your advancement is mainly if not entirely based on the fact that you are not a white heterosexual male, then so be it as evil racist/bigoted America deserves it.

It's not just a false narrative, but is also a very dangerous one that is and will continue to cause serious negative consequences for all.

DEI is this stupid, most people still haven't fallen for it.
Harrison Bergeron
Diversity is a cultural cancer. The Melting Pot philosophy enabled the United States to be the only successful multi-cultural nation with equal rights. "Diversity" for diversity's sake will destroy us.
Porteroso
There is nothing wrong with diversity, but it should not be an end goal. Diversity will not kill America, but racial identity wars are bad for us. We are at our best when we are unified in at least some things, and all we hear is how good or bad people are because of their skin color. A slight exaggeration but still.

I am on the train of anti forced DEI, but there are times to reflect and wonder why a workforce looks so different from the local community, and to make sure it isn't because of discrimination.
ron.reagan
Thee University said:

Shocking the guy that role plays as a confederate soldier has such a view
Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

There is nothing wrong with diversity, but it should not be an end goal. Diversity will not kill America, but racial identity wars are bad for us. We are at our best when we are unified in at least some things, and all we hear is how good or bad people are because of their skin color. A slight exaggeration but still.

I am on the train of anti forced DEI, but there are times to reflect and wonder why a workforce looks so different from the local community, and to make sure it isn't because of discrimination dysfunction.
Discrimination has been illegal for 60 years.

FIFY
4th and Inches
ABC BEAR said:

Our Strength Is Our Diversity. So sayeth our handlers.
our strength is equality of opportunity.. our downfall is the push for equality of outcome.

Not everyone can be a heart surgeon, pilot, or president of US. Not every woman wants to be a CEO.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
J.R.
Glad to know that Thee is a Native American and not some European mutt!
GrowlTowel
J.R. said:

"Native Americans" immigrated just like the European mutts.

Get a new deck of cards to play.
Harrison Bergeron
GrowlTowel said:

J.R. said:

"Native Americans" immigrated just like the European mutts.

Get a new deck of cards to play.
Not to mention many American Indians "colonized" each other over and over ... sort of like most don't realize African chattel slaves were slaves in Africa and sold by Africans. We have a stupid country.
Mitch Blood Green
When did diversity become a problem? Was it when the pilgrims arrived for thanksgiving? The slaves worked the land? When the universities wanted to compete at a higher level? When the farms needed workers? When Silicon Valley needed programmers? When it became illegal to discriminate against over 40 employees?

When?
GrowlTowel
Mitch Blood Green said:

When did diversity become a problem? Was it when the pilgrims arrived for thanksgiving? The slaves worked the land? When the universities wanted to compete at a higher level? When the farms needed workers? When Silicon Valley needed programmers? When it became illegal to discriminate against over 40 employees?

When?
When immutable characteristic became diversity.
Wangchung

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Jack Bauer
Yay, segregation is back!!

FLBear5630
Porteroso said:

I am on the train of anti forced DEI, but there are times to reflect and wonder why a workforce looks so different from the local community, and to make sure it isn't because of discrimination.

Diversity is fine, but it ends when moving here. We are Americans. My Grandfather would not let Czech be spoken because we were Americans. This siloing of Nationalities is bull***** You move here, you are American. No matter what racial, ethnic or other aspects u bring.
Mitch Blood Green
FLBear5630 said:

Porteroso said:

Diversity is fine, but it ends when moving here. We are Americans. My Grandfather would not let Czech be spoken because we were Americans. This siloing of Nationalities is bull***** You move here, you are American. No matter what racial, ethnic or other aspects u bring.

That's fine for your grandfather is his home. He is an American. He's also Czech. And it's always been that way. Until now.

Being from Poland or Ireland or Puerto Rico or Czech never made them less American. For me, it always meant that ate different foods or had different religions or family traditions and they celebrated the 4th of July.
Mitch Blood Green
The only problem with diversity seems to be understanding of what it is.

Diversity isn't putting "unqualified " people in jobs. It's recognizing and respecting differences. Diversity accepts that some people are Christians some are over 40, some are short.

Done right, the diversity officer is working in the organization to ensure ALL feel welcomed. What seems to be happening is some feel threatened, instead.

When I do diversity training, I learn something each year. It's never one of those "you're all racist" trainings because that is bullsh. It reminds me that our differences are ok.
ATL Bear
Diversity in theory and practice can be a strength, but diversity has been used as a bludgeon to tear away at core principles of our nation. It isn't about race or culture or religion, it's about shared values that unite for the betterment of our society. Free societies depend upon those values as a restraint to negative social direction that leads to negative freedom or loss of it. The more we can't restrain ourselves, the more the government will become involved, including both restricting and accommodation.
FLBear5630
Mitch Blood Green said:

FLBear5630 said:

Porteroso said:

That's fine for your grandfather is his home. He is an American. He's also Czech. And it's always been that way. Until now.

Being from Poland or Ireland or Puerto Rico or Czech never made them less American. For me, it always meant that ate different foods or had different religions or family traditions and they celebrated the 4th of July.
It seemed that the oppression, lack of opportunity and lack of freedom in Czech when he was a a boy and young man fueled coming. But, he appreciated that he could get an accounting degree, have a house, and raise a family enough that he and the others didn't look back with fondness. I am sure I have relative in Czech Republic that I have no idea about. This all happened before I was born and when a small child, all I know is my Mom telling me consistently how much he loved America, even with the bad it is the best place to be on the Planet...
J.R.
I'm all for diversity as I think it makes life richer. However, assimilation is key, period. Keep your unique traditions, but you gots to assimilate!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.R. said:

I'm all for diversity as I think it makes life richer. However, assimilation is key, period. Keep your unique traditions, but you gots to assimilate!
Amen, J.R.!

They should start with the keffiyehs and masks. And don't give me that "my religion makes women cover their faces" crap. That is fine in Tehran, Baghdad , and Gaza but that s h ! t doesn't fly here. Put your threatening masks away and quit trying to hide your identity. ASSIMILATE or gather up your camel and go home.

I would not wear my cowboy hat, blue jeans, and cowboy boots in Kabul out of respect for the culture and common sense.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
J.R. said:

100% with you.
ShooterTX
This is the result of this insane DEI crap.

They will use our stupid leftists to gain control, and destroy the West.
Muslims are evil and cannot be trusted. Even the "nice" ones are worshipping a demon cult, and they will be loyal to the evil ways of Mohammad (may he continue to burn in hell).

If you think this cannot happen in the US... then please explain Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib. The muslim extremists are already in the halls of Congress. We have to start fighting them now. Deport them all before it is too late.

ShooterTX
Harrison Bergeron
Mitch Blood Green said:

The only problem with diversity seems to be understanding of what it is.

Diversity isn't putting "unqualified " people in jobs. It's recognizing and respecting differences. Diversity accepts that some people are Christians some are over 40, some are short.

Done right, the diversity officer is working in the organization to ensure ALL feel welcomed. What seems to be happening is some feel threatened, instead.

When I do diversity training, I learn something each year. It's never one of those "you're all racist" trainings because that is bullsh. It reminds me that our differences are ok.
Incorrect as usual.
Harrison Bergeron
J.R. said:

100%. America always celebrated diversity and assimilation ... today my Latina wife took me to get pan de dulce in my small East Texas hometown. The problem when diversity not assimilation is the goal.
ShooterTX
J.R. said:

Modern day "diversity" is embodied by Illhan Omar. She is in Congress, but has openly stated her loyalty to Somalia and the Somali agenda, over any semblance of loyalty to America or our people.
ShooterTX
BUGWBBear
Thee University said:

My employer does, but it's only because our CEO is a feckless coward.

I, however do not, personally.
J.R.
Harrison Bergeron said:

J.R. said:

100%. America always celebrated diversity and assimilation ... today my Latina wife took me to get pan de dulce in my small East Texas hometown. The problem when diversity not assimilation is the goal.
right there with you. I also am with a Latina!
C. Jordan
Thee University said:

Hmmm.

So, if get rid of diversity in our sports and make our teams all white, how well do you think we would do?

And how is diversity actually destroying America?

C. Jordan
ShooterTX said:

J.R. said:

Modern day "diversity" is embodied by Illhan Omar. She is in Congress, but has openly stated her loyalty to Somalia and the Somali agenda, over any semblance of loyalty to America or our people.
And Marjorie Taylor Greene. A reach out in favor of the mentally challenged.
Porteroso
Harrison Bergeron said:

Porteroso said:

I am on the train of anti forced DEI, but there are times to reflect and wonder why a workforce looks so different from the local community, and to make sure it isn't because of discrimination dysfunction.
Discrimination has been illegal for 60 years.

FIFY

Hard to get caught. Employers have wide leeway, as they should.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.